Living History Farms Off-Road Racesin United States at Living History Farms - 2600 111th St. (Interstate 80 and Hickman Road)
VIP details and amenities listed on the front page of this form.
Online registration is closed for this category.
7-Mile (please read heading note)
Standard Registration has SOLD OUT.
Online registration is closed for this category.
|Largest Cross-Country Race in North America|
The 32nd Living History Farms race celebrates your running with a Hot Post Race Meal brought to you by the Iowa Beef Council and the Iowa Machine Shed Restaurant, VIP packet pick-up, chip timing, and youth runs, You will again be challenged by the world's richest farm land as you wade through creeks, dodge farm animals and claw your way to the top of gullies with 7500 (limit) other runners of questionable senses. It's a great way to end the racing season and experience running stories to re-live and re-tell throughout the winter. Stay for the "Outdoors in November" post race lunch, door prizes and awards ceremony.
9:00 AM -- 7-Mile starts adjacent to the Visitor's Center.
10:45 AM --Youth Races start near the awards stage.
Living History Farms
Interstate 80 & Hickman Road
|Chip Timing - Scoring based on Gun Time.|
All runners must wear a chip provided by the race. No chip = no time.
The start will be wider and no start mats will be used to allow for a safe and speedy race. Line up by ability!
|Youth Races - Free (11 yrs. and under) start at 10:45 a.m. near the awards stage:|
The youth races will have distances of 50-100 yds. for ages 1-5; quarter mile for ages 6-8 and a half mile for ages 9-11. All youth will receive finisher's ribbons. This will be true cross-country running for the younger runners.
|Post Race Meal|
This year the Iowa Machine Shed and the Iowa Beef Industry Council with be combining with us to provide all registered runners with a hot meal. Beef Stew, made-from-scratch biscuits and pumpkin bars will be served with cider and coffee following the race. Oh yeah, there will be Donuts!!
Make a great donation to Living History Farms! Donate $100 (tax deductible) to the LHF "in addition" to your entry fee and receive a special LHF race limited edition gift, Farm Pottery and guaranteed shirt size whenever you arrive. You will be allowed to come to the front of the packet pickup line and, if you would like, to start the race in the front area.
|Race Shirt - Please Read Below|
- All 7-mile entrants receive a 100% cotton long sleeve Adidas running shirt.
- We need to order these 2 months out because of the numbers (no one stocks them in a large enough quantity) therefore it does us no good to ask for shirt size as they are already ordered.
- Arrive early and get your requested size.
|Race Number Assignments|
A complete list of all pre-registered entrants will be posted at www.FitnessSports.com on Thursday, November 18th.
If you arrive after 8:00 AM it may take 30 minutes to park. So arrive early, join the fun, check out thousands in costume and view the farm with clean shoes (soon to be muddy).
Car Pool and Get Here Easily!
If you're coming from the North or East take an alternate exit. Leave Interstate 80/35 at the 86th St. exit. Take it south to Hickman Road, turn west (right) and you will enter the farm at the East Entrance, next to the Girl Scout Office. Listen to KGGO-FM 95 for last-minute updates. Police will direct traffic entering and leaving the grounds. All buses and RVs should plan on coming in the east gate near the Girl Scout Office.
|Registration and Packet Pick-Up|
Runners may enter by US mail, at Fitness Sports or online at GetMeRegistered.com.
7 mile race (must be minimum 12 years old to enter)
- $32 -- through Saturday, Oct 30th (Capital Strider members $28)
- No US mail registration after November 6th!
- $45 --Sunday October 31st, through Noon Monday November 15th
- Register online or in person at Fitness Sports only!
- No registration after November 15th!
- No race day registration - No Refunds
- Add $100 to your entry fee for the VIP treatment and a wonderful donation to the Living History Farms (tax deductible)
Youth Races--Free (11 and under) with optional t-shirt purchase for $5 at Fri. packet pickup or at the start on Saturday.
Packet Pick Up at Living History Farms
- Friday, November 19th, 3:00 - 8:00 PM
- Saturday November 20th - 7:30 - 8:30 AM (shirt size not guaranteed)
7-Mile Individual Awards (gun time)
- Special awards to the top 3 male and 3 female winners (also included in age awards)
- Age division prizes--12 to 14 (awards to 2 male, 2 female); 15 to 18 (5, 5); 19 to 24 (5, 5); 25 to 29 (5, 5); 30 to 34 (5, 5); 35 to 39 (5, 5); 40 to 44 (5, 4); 45 to 49 (5, 3); 50 to 54 (5, 3); 55 to 59 (3, 2); 60 to 64 (3, 2); 65 to 69 (2, 1); 70 & up (2, 1).
- 1st place-Turkey, 2nd-5th--Meat. Also, special Farm Pottery for 1st thru 5th. Meat awards not claimed on race day will be donated to area charities.
7-Mile Team Awards (gun time)
Teams consist of at least three runners. Coed division must have at least four runners, two male and two female. The top members score on a total time basis.
- Special Farm Pottery (max. 5 awards per team)--High School (awards to 4 male teams, 4 female teams); Open (4, 4); Masters, all members age 40 & up (2, 2) and Coed (4).
Awards Ceremony & Results
The awards ceremony will be on the stage near the food shelter immediately following the youth races at 11:00 AM.
Bring a donation to the DMARC Food Pantry & be entered to win 1 of 6 pairs of Adidas running shoes. All participants are eligible for the many other drawings. Door prize drawings will be prior to the awards ceremony. Keep race number, must be present to win.
|Great Race for Great Causes|
The "Farm Race" raises funds for Living History Farms and more. Over the last 10 years, the race has given $350,000 to the Living History Farms (a not-for-profit museum).
The race has also funded the Capital Striders endowment for scholarships to area senior cross country athletes; raised food/money for the Des Moines Area Religious Council Food Pantry and donated to area age-group track & swimming teams, the American Red Cross, the Boy Scouts of America, the M.D.A., and area Fire Departments. Proceeds from the race help sponsor area races, purchase equipment and racing supplies used at road races and middle school/ high school XC meets.
Full results will be posted on the web by 6:00 PM, Saturday November 20th at www.FitnessSports.com
Ask for the "Farm Race Rate" and save.
Hotels listed on the web site at www.fitnesssports.com/November_races/LivHistFarms/lhf_index.html#Places
Because of chance of injury or loss - no dogs, cell phones, listening devices, jewelry, car keys or props like swords, lances, etc. may be taken on the course.
|Special Thank You To...|
City of Urbandale and Living History Farms for making this race possible.
|Easily Answered Questions|
- Will it be cold?..... Probably!
- Will I get wet?..... Probably!
- Will I get dirty?..... Probably!
- Do I need gloves?.... Yes!
For All Other Questions...
Photography by Jolesch Photography
Pictures will be posted at www.jolesch.com