QCBC Fall Tailwind RideSaturday, October 6, 2018 in United States at Ben Butterworth Parkway (5466 Old River Drive, Moline, IL)
Come join us for 2018 Fall Tailwind Century Ride which will be held Saturday, October 6th. We'll start to load bikes at Ben Butterworth Parkway (5466 Old River Drive, Moline, IL) at 6:30 a.m. and leave at 7 a.m. for our starting destination. Please bring a blanket to protect your bike during transportation. There will be one bus, with a limit of about 45 people. The drive normally takes about two hours. Once there, we’ll unload the bikes and send you on your way after handing out cue sheets. We will have a secure area (probably a locked trailer) for any gear you don't want to haul back on your bike. The entry fee is $35. There will be a basic sag stop about 50 to 60 miles into the ride, with water, Gatorade, sub sandwiches and other goodies. Every route has plenty of small towns with services along the way if you need a full lunch. If you are planning on riding, you’ll be able to sign up via Get Me Registered in August and September. The Tailwind Committee is comprised of Dave Thompson, Janette Harrington and Don Luth.
- Load bikes at 6:30 AM, and leave at 7:00 AM
- Bring a blanket to protect your bike on the truck.
- There will be a 45 person limit for the ride [1 busload]
- The drive normally takes about 2 hours, where we will unload the bikes and send you on your way.
- Receive cue sheets and maps, and you're off.
- Secure area [a locked trailer] available for gear.
- There will not be a rain date. If we are rained out we will give you free entry into next year's spring or fall tailwind ride.
- There is no sag vehicle if you can't finish! It is 100 miles, so think about your fitness level before riding.
- The northern/western routes have a lot of hills and negate some of the benefit of the tailwind.
- All potential routes are on the QCBC website so you can get accurate info on the difficulty of each route.
- The Tailwind Committee is comprised of Dave Thompson, Janette Harrington and Don Luth.
For event-related questions, please click on the *Contact the Organizers* button on the left-hand side of this page.