Dubuque County Conservation - 2017 Summer CampsThursday, August 10, 2017 in Peosta, IA at Swiss Valley Nature Center
at 12:00 PM
Please see camp descriptions below or click here for a downloadable camp description sheet.
» Please select your camp and dates on step 2
- Camps will be filled on a first com first served basis. Camps will fill quickly and each session will have a waiting list once the session fills.
- Please dress your child for the weather as we will be outdoors for the majority of sessions. Clothes and shoes may get dirty.
- Only registered children can stay during camp time.
- Please follow drop off/pick up times. Often naturalists have more than one program scheduled throughout the day. Toddling Camp is the only camp where parents are required to stay.
- All campers should bring their own water bottle, hat, sunscreen, bug spray, and lunch (when indicated). Please leave all electronic devices at home, if you need to get a hold of your child while they are at camp please call our office.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your child is fully registered and a reminder email with any special dates for your particular camp closer to the date of your session.
|Dubuque County Conservation - 2017 Summer Camps|
Toddling Into Nature (Ages 3-4): Superheroes & Fairies
June 1-2 (Th & F), 9:00am-11:00pm
Ready for some magic or to save the day? Bring your fairy wings or your superhero cape to this adventurous camp and help to save the forest! Parents should plan to stay with their child at camp. Snack is provided.
Sapling Camp (Ages 5-6): Dino Camp
Session 1: June 8-9 (Th & F), 9:00am-12:00pm
Session 2: June 13-14 (T & W), 9:00am-12:00pm
Camper will become a paleontologist and discover what the Earth was like when dinosaurs roamed! Take a step back in time and find out what dinosaurs ate, where they lived, and what happened to them. Parents are encouraged to stay and play with us. Snack is provided.
Maple Camp (Ages 7-9): Out of This World
Session 1: July 5-7 (W-F), 9:00am-1:00pm
Session 2: July 12-14 (W-F), 9:00am-1:00pm
Ever wondered what life would be like in space? Then this camp is for you! Campers will play space games and complete astronaut tasks that will take their imaginations to galaxies far, far away. Snack is provided, please pack a lunch for your child as one will not be provided.
Oak Camp (Ages 10-12): Wilderness Games
July 18-21 (T-F), 9:00am-2:00pm
Volunteer as a tribute for this summer's Wilderness Games. You will be trained in a variety of outdoor skills through the week and at the end of camp compete in a fun competition challenge. May the odds be ever in your favor! Snack is provided, please pack a lunch for your child as one will not be provided.
Adventure Camp (Ages 13-15)
June 27-30 (T-F), 9:00am-2:00pm
Get ready for action packed days of canoeing, rock climbing, geocaching, rope courses, and more! Pack a lunch and be dressed for adventure!
Day Camps: Adventures at Swiss (Ages 6-12)
Session 1: August 2 (W), 9:00am-11:00am
Session 2: August 2 (W), 1:00pm-3:00pm
There is so much to explore in the Swiss Valley Nature Preserve. We will lift up logs, peek under rocks in the creek, and use binoculars to get an up close look at all the life that calls Swiss Valley home. Snack provided. Cost: $15
Art in Nature (Ages 8-12)
August 10 (Th), 9:00am-3:00pm
Use nature as your inspiration for the various projects we will create! We will use a variety of mediums to create artwork for the campers to take home. Wear clothes you can get dirty and pack a lunch. Snack is provided.
Driftless Adventurers: Yellow River Backpacking Trip (Ages 13-18)
July 25-27 (T-Th)
Looking for youth who are energetic, craving outdoor exposure, and looking to meet people who feel the same! Clinton, Jackson, and Dubuque Counties are hosting a backpacking trip to Yellow River State Forest. Participants will be provided with packs, cook kits, stoves, mess kits, food, and tents. This group is led by a staff of six naturalists with a collective outdoor experience base of more than 30 years. Interested individuals should contact DCCB to request an application. Spaces are limited to 18 qualified campers so request your application today. Call 563-556-6745 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost: TBD (please contact Dubuque County Conservation to register for this camp)
For event-related questions, please click on the Contact the Organizers button on the left-hand side of this page.