Lewis Memorial Acres Full Moon Trail RunWednesday, September 6, 2017 in Springfield, IL at Lewis Memorial Acres
2.5+ Mile Off-Road Fun Run
at 7:30 PM
(Sunset is 7:21P) Rain or Shine
» FREE! with a suggested donation of $15 or more (through 9/5 at 11:59 PM US/Central)
2.5+ Mile Run Registration
Event is limited to the first 150 registered runners. Race day registration may be available if participant limit has not yet been met. Check-in and packet pick-up starts at 6:00P at the pavilion in LMA park. Check-in is mandatory.
The first 100 registered participants for the Full Moon Trail Run will receive an oval LMA Full Moon Trail Run destination sticker.
The event is FREE but a donation of $15 or more is suggested for run.
Donations to Lewis Memorial Acres can be made on-line, accepted at registration or can be mailed to:
Lewis Memorial Acres
PO Box 9541
Springfield, IL 62791-9541
Lewis Memorial Acres Association is a non-profit organization as defined by the IRS and donations are tax-deductible.
This is an off-road 'fun' event - run in the dark.
The LMA Full Moon Trail Run is a proud member of the Central Illinois Trail Series (CITS). CITS challenges runners to participate in three local trail runs over the course of the 2017 season. Be a CITS participant and get a FREE CITS t-shirt. There is no fee to join the trail series but to get the t-shirt you must register and participate in each of the three following events:
Lewis Memorial Acres (LMA) was a generous gift donated by Irene Lewis in 1984. In her will, she wished to provide the land to create a Christian park for the community. The forty acres represent a beautiful prairie and wooded setting for recreation, relaxation, and reflection. The park is governed by a non-profit board that meets regularly to oversee the growth and development of the park.
This event is to promote LMA while offering the community a unique and fun event with a night trail run in this hidden gem on Springfield's west central side.
|Things To Know|
- You MUST check-in before the race.
- You MUST carry at least one flashlight and/or headlamp.
- Paint and/or ribbon will be used to mark trail turns.
- Reflective gear is recommended.
- A few course marshals will assist in questionable course intersections.
- Additional parking is available at the adjacent Koke Mill Christian Church.
- There is a port-a-potty in the park and additional restrooms available in lobby of Koke Mill Christian Church.
- This is a Fun Run. It will NOT be officially timed. There are NO t-shirts or awards.
- Portable music devices and strollers are not allowed for safety purposes.
- Water will be available at start/finish but NOT on the course.
- LMA Board or event planning committee reserves the right to cancel the event due to safety considerations.
- Event updates may be available at www.facebook.com/LewisMemorialAcres.
- If you want to pass a participant, please clearly announce - 'PASSING.'
- Slower participants yield/move over for faster runners.
- Please do not litter the trails and park.
- Be careful.
- Have fun!
For event related questions please click on the "Contact the Organizers" button on the left-hand side of this page.