Tour De Pines - 2017Saturday, August 19, 2017 in Park Rapids, MN at Itasca State Park
» $40 ages 18 and over; $20 ages 17 and under registration (includes lunch meal for riders) (through 8/16 at 11:59 PM US/Central)
|Tour de Pines 2017|
Beautiful roads. Big trees. Quiet lakes. The headwaters of our nation's greatest river. Delicious food. Excellent organization. New cycling friends. Welcome to the eighth annual Tour De Pines Bike Tour of Itasca State Park. We are proud to present a sister ride to the Minnesota Ironman Bicycle Ride. The Tour De Pines is a beautiful single day bike tour in Northern Minnesota, in and around Itasca State Park.
Join us on Saturday, August 19th for another gorgeous ride in the north woods!
Make a weekend out of the ride. There are things to do for the whole family, regardless if everyone is a cyclist. Explore the park. Climb the viewing tower. Visit historic Douglas Lodge. Take the family photo at the Headwaters. Summertime in Itasca is incredible!
* Ride Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017
* Location: Itasca State Park, MN
* Ride Start: Mississippi Headwaters Hostel
* Ride Finish: Mississippi Headwaters Hostel
* Various Route Lengths: 25, 50, 60 and 70+ options
* Ride Times: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
* Rider Check-in: 7:30 - 9:30 AM
* Lunch Served: 12:00 - 5:00 PM
- Adults: $40 - includes lunch after ride
- Youth: $20 (17 and under) includes lunch
We strongly urge all interested riders to register in advance.
This will help us greatly in preparing for the ride and making sure our rest stops and lunch are well stocked for all riders.
And it saves you some money.
We will, however, offer day-of-ride registrations: Adults $50; Youth $20.
Note: Itasca State Park Required Daily Entrance
Daily Pass can be purchased at rider Registration this year. Fee (Annual Pass is a great deal)
Commemorative T-shirt: $12 (XS-XL); $14 (XXL)
- Order your t-shirt on your registration form.
- Please pick up your merchandise on the day of the ride.
- Limited T-shirt sales will be available on the day of the ride.
- Buy early if you want one for sure. View 2017 t-shirt design on our web site. (By June 27, 2017)
|Routes/ Nice Long Routes Planned|
Routes: 25, 50, 60 and 70+ options
All routes start/finish at the Mississippi Headwaters Hostel in the heart of Itasca State Park. Routes begin by following Wilderness Drive - a gorgeous, winding road through old growth pines around the perimeter of Itasca State Park.
The 25 mile route loops back through the park after following the Wilderness Drive, returning to the hostel on a paved bike trail along the shoreline of Lake Itasca. It is a gorgeous ride. Take your time. Bring a camera.
We are using the southern routes of 50, 60 and 70 mile lengths outside of the park. These local roads have little traffic, great scenery, limited hills and plenty of challenge. We find more than half our riders choose the longer routes.
Route maps will be posted online at tourdepines.org/routes/
For event-related questions, please click on the *Contact the Organizers* button on the left-hand side of this page.