Tour De Pines - 2018Saturday, August 18, 2018 in Park Rapids, MN at Itasca State Park
Online registration is closed for this category.
|Tour de Pines 2018|
Beautiful roads. Big trees. Quiet lakes. The headwaters of our nation's greatest river. Delicious food. Excellent organization. New cycling friends. Welcome to the 10th annual Tour De Pines Bike Tour of Itasca State Park. The Tour De Pines is a beautiful single day bike tour in Northern Minnesota, in and around Itasca State Park. And to celebrate our 10th year we are adding a Century Ride in 2018.
Join us on Saturday, August 18th for another gorgeous ride in the north woods!
Make a weekend out of the ride. There are things to do for the whole family, regardless if everyone is a cyclist. Explore the park. Climb the fire tower. Swim, fish or paddle Lake Itasca. Visit historic Douglas Lodge. Take the family photo at the Headwaters. Summertime in Itasca is incredible!
* Ride Date: Saturday, August 18, 2018
* Location: Itasca State Park, MN
* Ride Start: Mississippi Headwaters Hostel
* Ride Finish: Mississippi Headwaters Hostel
* Various Route Lengths: 15/25, 50/70 and 100 miles
* Ride Times: 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM
* Rider Check-in: 6:30 AM - 9:00 AM
* Lunch Served: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Adults: $40 / or $50 for 100 mile route- includes lunch after ride
- Youth: $20 (17 and under) includes lunch (price stays the same on ride day)
We strongly urge all interested riders to register in advance.
This will help us greatly in preparing for the ride and making sure our rest stops and lunch are well stocked for all riders.
And it saves you some money.
We will, however, offer day-of-ride registrations: Adults $50/60; Youth $20.
Note: Itasca State Park Requires Daily Entrance Fee
Daily Pass can be purchased at Rider Registration this year (Annual State Park Pass is a great deal)
Commemorative T-shirt: $12 (S-XL); $14 (XXL)
- Order your t-shirt on your registration form.
- Please pick up your merchandise on the day of the ride.
- Limited T-shirt sales will be available on the day of the ride.
- Buy early if you want one for sure. View 2018 t-shirt design on our web site. (By June 26, 2018)
|Routes/ Nice Long Routes Planned|
Routes: 15/25, 50/70, 100 Miles
All routes start/finish at the Mississippi Headwaters Hostel in the heart of Itasca State Park. Routes begin by following Wilderness Drive - a gorgeous, winding road through old growth pines around the perimeter of Itasca State Park.
The 15-mile route offers a shorter "in the park" route. The 25-mile route adds roads in and near Park entrances. All are scenic, safe and well supported. It is a gorgeous ride. Take your time. Bring a camera.
A longer 50-70 mile route is also being planned. This route includes low traffic roads outside the Park. Expect great scenery, limited hills and plenty of challenge. We find more than half our riders choose the longer routes.
New for 2018 is our plan for a Century Ride (100 miles). A well supported ride with rest stop food stations, sag wagon support, marked routes, good maps and great volunteers to support your ride.
We need a bit more time to finalize these routes and maps will be posted online by early July.
For event-related questions, please click on the *Contact the Organizers* button on the left-hand side of this page.