Wabash Trace Nature Trail
Saturday, September 10, 2022
in Shenandoah, IA at Wabash Trace Nature Trail Marathon (SCIA) 619 W. Sheridan Ave.
Marathon, Half Marathon and Marathon Relay
Marathon (six hour time limit)
at 7:30 AM
Marathon starts at Depot 101 N Railroad St. Shenandoah, runs on Wabash Trace Nature Trail past Imogene & back to Shenandoah, IA.
» $70.00 early registration (through 7/9 at 10:59 PM US/Central)
» $100.00 registration (7/9 at 11:00 PM US/Central through 9/8 at 4:00 PM US/Central)
(six hour time limit)
at 8:00 AM
Half Marathon starts in Imogene, IA near the St. Patrick Church, 306 3rd Street & on scenic Trace Trail to downtown Shenandoah
» $50.00 Early Registration (through 7/9 at 10:59 PM US/Central)
» $80.00 registration (7/9 at 11:00 PM US/Central through 9/8 at 4:00 PM US/Central)
Half Marathon Registration
Marathon Relay (six hour time limit)
at 7:30 AM
Marathon Relay starts at Depot 101 Railroad St Shenandoah, runs on Wabash Trace Trail to Imogene and back to Shenandoah, IA.
» $40.00 per person - early registration (through 7/9 at 10:59 PM US/Central)
» $50.00 per person - registration (7/9 at 11:00 PM US/Central through 9/8 at 4:00 PM US/Central)
(six hour time limit)
Marathon Relay Registration
- 11th Annual Run September 10, 2022
- Electronic Chip Timing
- Wabash Trace Nature Trail is a tree-lined, mostly flat converted rail road line trail crossing through scenic Iowa countryside
- Out & Back Marathon races finishing on Sheridan Ave. downtown Shenandoah
- 6 hour time limit
- 7:30 AM start for Marathon and Marathon Relay (5 member teams: male, female, mixed) at 800 W. Sheridan Ave. Shenandoah. USATF Certified Marathon Course, Boston Qualifier, certification pending
- Half Marathon 8 AM start at Imogene, St. Patrick Church 306 3rd Street
- Unique and fun beverage and snacks stations every 2 miles, first aid emergency service along the trail
- Limited space on bus to start, Make other arrangements if possible. Signup for Free bus to starts for runners, drop bags will be brought to Shenandoah Depot, 101 Railroad Ave.
- Packet Pickup at 100 S. Maple St., Shenandoah Sept. 10, 4-8:00 PM or at start
- Showers available near finish line
- Social distance throughout the event, wear masks at packet pickup and on buses. Hand sanitizer will be available!
Out & back USA Track & Field Certified Course for 11th Annual Wabash Trace Nature Trail Marathon and Relay. Wabash Trace Nature Trail Marathon and Relay September 11th race will be run on the faster and flatter course, a Boston qualifier . The half marathon will remain a point to point run with some adjustments to the route.
The Wabash Marathon and 5 person relay will start and finish in downtown Shenandoah. Runners will follow a shorter route through Shenandoah traveling east on Sheridan Avenue at the 7:30 a.m. start. The course then runs north on Center Street to Wabash Avenue, west to Sycamore, and north to the trail in Sportsmanís Park. More than 90% of the route will be run on the trail. Marathoners will travel on the trail through Imogene to a turn around point on the trace, a couple of miles north of Imogene. When runners return to Shenandoah they will follow the same route in reverse. This course alleviates the need to bus marathoners to the start.
The Wabash Trace Nature Trail Half Marathon will also has same route as last year and will remain a point to point race with the start in Imogene at St. Patrick Church at 8:30 a.m. It will run north of town a mile before heading south on the trail to Shenandoah and follow the same route to the end as the marathon race. Buses for the half start leaving Shenandoah at 6:45 a.m. from the Depot, 101 Railroad St., Race officials are encouraging runners to make other arrangements if possible to get to the start because space will be limited.
Wabash Trace Nature Trail Marathon, Half Marathon and Relay are sponsored again this year by Bank Iowa and organized by Shenandoah Chamber & Industry Association, Southwest Iowa Nature Trails, and City of Imogene. Additional sponsors are encouraged to support the race with donations, monetary or in kind by contacting the Shenandoah Chamber 712-246-3455.
Depot Restaurant pasta dinner the night before the race Sept. 9 runs 4-8 p.m. and the after party and awards ceremony at the end of the races will also be held at the Depot. Race results will be available at onlineraceresults.com/event/view_event.php?event_id=23504. Runners and volunteers will be asked to social distance throughout the race.
Masks will be required during packet pickup. Friday, September 9 packet pickup begins at 4 p.m. in the Delmonico Room of the Shenandoah Historical Building 100 S. Maple St. Morning of the race packets can be picked up at the start. Medals will be picked up by runners at the end of the race.
|Options for Accommodations in Shenandoah|
- Call Shenandoah Inn & Suites, 712-246-3000, Tall Corn Inn 712-246-1550
- Super 8 Motel 712-246-5733.
- Tent Camping available in Sportsman's or Trail & Tent at Rapp Park in Shenandoah contact Parks & Rec. at 712-246-3409.
For event-related questions, please click on the Contact the Organizers button on the left-hand side of this page