Wabash Trace Nature Trail
Saturday, September 9, 2023
in Shenandoah, IA at Wabash Trace Nature Trail Marathon (SCIA) 619 W. Sheridan Ave.
Marathon, Half Marathon and Marathon Relay
Marathon (six hour time limit)
at 7:30 AM
Marathon starts at Depot 101 N Railroad St. Shenandoah, runs on Wabash Trace Nature Trail past Imogene & back to Shenandoah, IA.
» $70.00 early registration (through 7/9 at 11:59 AM US/Central)
» $100.00 registration (7/9 at 11:59 AM US/Central through 9/8 at 4:00 PM US/Central)
(six hour time limit)
at 8:00 AM
Half Marathon starts in Imogene, IA near the St. Patrick Church, 306 3rd Street & on scenic Trace Trail to downtown Shenandoah
» $50.00 Early Registration (through 7/9 at 11:59 AM US/Central)
» $80.00 registration (7/9 at 11:59 AM US/Central through 9/8 at 4:00 PM US/Central)
Half Marathon Registration
Marathon Relay (six hour time limit)
at 7:30 AM
Marathon Relay starts at Depot 101 Railroad St Shenandoah, runs on Wabash Trace Trail to Imogene and back to Shenandoah, IA.
» $40.00 per person - early registration (through 7/9 at 11:59 AM US/Central)
» $50.00 per person - registration (7/9 at 11:59 AM US/Central through 9/8 at 4:00 PM US/Central)
(six hour time limit)
Marathon Relay Registration
* Click here for fee information
- 12th Annual Run September 9, 2023, organized by Shenandoah Chamber & Industry Association, Southwest Iowa Nature Trails, City of Imogene and Sons & Daughters of Imogene
- Electronic Chip Timing, USATF Certified, Boston Qualifier
- The Wabash Trace Nature Trail is mostly flat, tree-lined converted rail road line crossing through scenic Iowa countryside with crushed limestone surface
- Out & Back races begin and end in Shenandoah for the Marathon and Marathon Relay. Point-to-point Half Marathon begins in Imogene and finishes in Shenandoah
- Relay team divisions: Co-ed, Female, and Male (must provide own transportation to exchange points)
- 7:30 AM start for Marathon and Marathon Relay in downtown Shenandoah
- 8:00 AM start for Half at Imogene's St. Patrick Church
- 6Hour time limit, finish line closes at 1:30
- New policy for hazardous weather to postpone race start when possible, 10% discount in place at GetMeRegistered.com for runners in the canceled 2022 marathon with verification code from 2022
- Unique and fun water stations every 2 miles, first aid & emergency service on the trail
- Signup available for morning-of bus transport from Shenandoah Depot to Half Marathon start in Imogene. Bus will return drop bags to Depot for pick-up at finish.
- Early packet & t-shirt pickup in Shenandoah (619 W Sheridan Ave.) Friday, Sept. 8, 4-7 PM or at each start the morning of races.
- Showers near finish line (423 W. Thomas Ave.)
- Medals, snacks & beverages at the finish. Awards presented at Depot Restaurant with free beer!
The Wabash Marathon and 5 person relay will start and finish in downtown Shenandoah. Runners will follow a shorter route through Shenandoah traveling east on Sheridan Avenue at the 7:30 a.m. start. The course then runs north on Center Street to Wabash Avenue, west to Sycamore, and north to the trail in Sportsmanís Park. More than 90% of the route will be run on the trail. Marathoners will travel on the trail through Imogene to a turn around point on the trace, a couple of miles north of Imogene. When runners return to Shenandoah they will follow the same route in reverse. This course alleviates the need to bus marathoners to the start.
The Wabash Trace Nature Trail Half Marathon has the same route as last year and will remain a point to point race with the start in Imogene at St. Patrick Church at 8a.m. It will run north of town a mile before heading south on the trail to Shenandoah and follow the same route to the end as the marathon race. Buses for the half leaving Shenandoah at 6:45 a.m. from the Depot, 101 Railroad St., Race officials are encouraging runners to make other arrangements if possible to get to the start because space will be limited.
Wabash Trace Nature Trail Marathon, Half Marathon and Relay are sponsored by Invenergy and organized by Shenandoah Chamber & Industry Association, Southwest Iowa Nature Trails, and City of Imogene.
Depot Restaurant pasta dinner the night before the race Sept. 8. The after party and awards ceremony at the end of the races will also be held at the Depot. Race results will be available at www.onlineraceresults.com
Friday, September 8 packet pickup begins at 4 p.m. at Shenandoah Chamber 619 W Sheridan Ave. Morning of the race packets can be picked up at the start. Medals will be picked up by runners at the end of the race. Age Group and overall Awards under the tent at the Depot, 101 Railroad St. near the finish line.
|Options for Accommodations in Shenandoah|
- Call Shenandoah Inn & Suites, 712-246-3000, Tall Corn Inn 712-246-1550
- Super 8 Motel 712-246-5733.
- Tent Camping available in Sportsman's or Trail & Tent at Rapp Park in Shenandoah contact Parks & Rec. at 712-246-3409.
For event-related questions, please click on the Contact the Organizers button on the left-hand side of this page
- When this page loaded, the official time was 6:32:01 AM EDT.