What category would you like to sign up for? You can sign up for any of the following categories.
Select your choice of Run or Walk during registration
* Click here for fee information
Please volunteer to help with this community event! Emails will be sent to all volunteers on 3/9/2024 with more information.
RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of participating in the Pat Campbell Fighting Cancer 5K, and for other good and valuable consideration, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence Crossroads North River, the City of Toronto,and its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, participants, insurers, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate, from any claims of damage arising from participation in and travel to and from the event. I also certify that I am physically fit for and adequately trained to participate in the event. I also give full permission for use of my name and photograph and/or motion picture in connection with this event. I understand that all entry and pledge fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. I grant permission for emergency medical treatment by competent medical personnel at this event. I also agree as follows:
1. I acknowledge that the Pat Campbell Fighting Cancer 5K involves known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releasees. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe the event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of the equipment or facilities. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4. I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5. In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so solely in the state where Releasees’ facility is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
6. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I agree that if I am hurt or my property is damaged during my participation in this activity, that I have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the Releasees.
I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in this activity would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to sign this release, and I agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain. I have read and understood this document and agree to be bound by its terms.
Your electronic signature is the online equivalent of your ink-on-paper signature, and can be provided by typing your name where indicated. The electronic signature will signify your understanding, acceptance, and authorization to accept the conditions of this legal document, including the following statements:
You must be 18 years of age to legally complete this registration. If the registrant is under 18, an authorized adult must complete this form.If the person you are registering (registrant) is under 18, do not enter his/her age. You will do that on the next step. Enter your age here as the person completing the form.
Provide your current age:
Provide your electronic signature by typing your name:
Multiple signers should separate their signatures with commas.
This agreement was generated at 7:27:21 AM EST on 02/21/2024.
Enter a value unless you want this to work: