Waiver:Event Waiver and Release of Liability
In consideration for allowing myself and/or my spouse or my children to participate in the Mississippi Valley Track program, I certify and agree as follows:
1. My spouse and I or my children are covered by health insurance in such amount as will reimburse a health care provider for care as a result of injury while participating in the program.
2. I/we hereby agree to waive, release, and hold harmless the City of Bettendorf, the Bettendorf Park Board, the Bettendorf School Districts, the Pleasant Valley School District, the MVTC Track Program Coaches, their agents, employees, and volunteers, from any and all liability arising out of our participation in the activity described above including injury while doing or observing the activity, and including any injury while on the premises immediately before or after the activity.
3. I/we have investigated and are satisfied that the participant registered on this form is physically able to perform the activity, and that the facility used is suitable for the activity. I/we realize it is my/our responsibility to make travel arrangements for the child to/from the facility and to provide such supervision as I/we deem appropriate both before and after the activity.
4. I/we acknowledge that in all activities there are certain risks of physical injuries and all participants do so at their own risk.
5. I/we also release any photographs or videos taken during the duration of the program to be used by the Bettendorf Parks and Recreation Department or Program Staff or MVTC coaches or parents for advertisements, training, or any other purposes.
WARNING: READ THIS EVENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT (THE "AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY. THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS. BE AWARE THAT BY EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT AND PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT, YOU WILL BE EXPRESSLY ASSUMING THE RISK AND LEGAL LIABILITY, AND WAIVING AND RELEASING ANY CLAIMS FOR INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSS WHICH YOU MIGHT SUSTAIN AS A RESULT OF ANY ACTIVITIES CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT. DO NOT SIGN (OR CLICK TO AGREE) THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ IT IN ITS ENTIRETY. SEEK THE ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ITS EFFECT.
Warning of Risks and Assumption of Risks. Participation in the Event may challenge and engage your physical and mental resources. You should not participate in the Event if you have any health conditions affecting your ability to participate. You should seek advice from your physician before participating in the Event. There is always a risk of injury when participating in exercise activities and, understandably, not all hazards and dangers can be foreseen. Participation in the Event may involve inherent risks, dangers and hazards, which may occur without warning, or be due to poor skill level, lack of conditioning, carelessness and other unforeseen, unidentified or unexpected perils inherent in physical activities. By execution of this Agreement, I acknowledge that I understand the risk and danger of accidents, physical injury, effects of exercise, and the unpredictable nature of the human body and the activities inherent in the nature of the Event. I acknowledge that I am a voluntary participant in this Event, and in good physical condition. I further acknowledge that physical exercise and participation in this Event will challenge and engage my physical resources. I have either visited with my physician and received doctor's advice and consent to my exercise program or have waived such advice and consent of my doctor, and accept any and all risks.
Waiver, Release and Indemnification. I UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NEITHER THE SPONSOR OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES ARE INSURERS OF MY CONDUCT AND SAFETY. I KNOW THAT THIS EVENT IS A POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS ACTIVITY AND I HEREBY ASSUME FULL AND COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR ACCIDENT WHICH MAY OCCUR DURING MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, HOLD HARMLESS AND COVENANT NOT TO FILE SUIT AGAINST THIS EVENT, THE SPONSOR AND ANY AFFILIATED INDIVIDUALS OR ENTITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS EVENT (INCLUDING ALL TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF THE SPONSOR) (THE "RELEASEES") FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES OR OTHER CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER THAT I MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY ME, MY PERSONAL PROPERTY OR OTHERS, WHETHER THE SAME BE CAUSED BY FALLS, CONTACT WITH OTHER PARTICIPANTS, CONDITIONS OF THE COURSE, NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE. I AGREE THAT, IN THE EVENT ANY PERSON BRINGS ANY CLAIM OR ACTION INDIVIDUALLY OR ON MY BEHALF, RELATED TO ANY INJURY OR LOSS SUFFERED BY ME AS A RESULT OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, THAT I WILL INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES AGAINST SUCH CLAIMS, INCLUDING THE PAYMENT OF ATTORNEY FEES. I AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BIND MY GUARDIAN, ASSIGNS, HEIRS, ADMINISTRATORS AND EXECUTORS FOREVER.
I understand that this Waiver and Release may be stored electronically and agree that a copy is authentic and admissible as evidence in any future dispute or proceedings.
If I do not follow all the rules of this Event, I understand that I may be removed from the Event. I give my full permission to this event and their sponsors and corporate sponsors to use any photographs, videotapes or other recordings of me that are made during the course of this Event.
Code of Conduct Agreement:
Mississippi Valley Eagles Track Club Parents Code of Conduct
Youth sports programs play in important role in promoting the physical, social and emotional development of children. It is therefore essential for parents, coaches and officials to encourage youth athletes to embrace the values of good sportsmanship. Moreover, adults involved in youth sports events should be models of good sportsmanship and should lead by example by demonstrating fairness, respect and self-control.
I therefore pledge to be responsible for my words and actions while attending a youth sports events and shall conform my behavior to the following code of conduct:
1. I will encourage sportsmanlike conduct with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
2. I will encourage my child, or any other person, to engage in sportsmanlike conduct with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
3. I will not engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety or well being of any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
4. I will encourage my child, or any other person, from engaging in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety or well being of any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
5. I will not use drugs or alcohol while at a youth sports event and will not attend, coach, officiate or participate in a youth sports event while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
6. I will not permit my child, or encourage any other person, to use drugs or alcohol while at a youth sports event.
7. I will not engage in the use of profanity.
8. I will discourage my child, or any other person, from engaging in the use of profanity.
9. I will treat any coach, parent, participant, official or any other attendee with respect regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or ability.
10. I will encourage my child to treat any coach, parent, participant, official or any other attendee with respect regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or ability.
11. I will not engage in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
12. I will discourage my child, or any other person, from engaging in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
13. I will not initiate a fight of scuffle with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
14. I will discourage my child, or any other person, from initiating a fight or scuffle with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
15. I will respect the coach's decision and if I feel that there is an issue with my child then I will set up a time to discuss with the coaches.
Your signature below acknowledges that you have read and agree with the Parent of Code Conduct.