1. The Zionsville Lions Club Strides Heart for Diabetes 5K/10K Walk-Run for Diabetes Awareness. I understand that my execution of this Waiver and Release is a prerequisite for participation in the Event. I further understand that there are risks and dangers inherent in participating in the Event.
2. I understand that in order to be allowed to participate in the Event, I agree to assume all risks and to release and hold harmless Lions Clubs International Inc., Lions Clubs International Foundation, Inc., Zionsville Lions Club and their officers, agents, employees, assigns, successors in interest, contractors, vendors (and their agents), agencies, sponsors, officials and volunteers, including walk leaders, participating communities and clubs and all governmental and public entities including, but not limited to, the State, County and local municipalities where the events take place (collectively the “Released Parties”).
3. I intend by this Waiver and Release to release, in advance, and to waive my rights and discharge all of the persons and entities mentioned above, from any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury or property damage which I may have, or which may hereafter accrue to me as a result of my participation in the Event, even though this liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective property or equipment owned, maintained or controlled by them or because of their possible liability without fault. I understand and agree that this Waiver and Release is binding on my heirs, assigns, and legal representatives.
4. I understand that I am solely responsible for my health and safety, and I acknowledge that I am physically capable of participating in and completing this Event.
5. I agree to allow Lions Clubs International, Lions Clubs International Foundation, and their contractors, agencies and sponsors, the use of my name and likeness in connection with The Zionsville Lions Club Strides Heart for Diabetes 5K/10K Walk-Run for Diabetes Awareness, for any purpose related to advertising or promotion of the event worldwide in perpetuity in all forms of media now and forever known.
6. Should any portion of this Waiver and Release be judicially determined invalid, voidable or unenforceable, for any reason, such portion of this Waiver and Release shall be severable from the remaining portions herein and the invalidity, void ability, or unenforceability thereof shall not affect the validity, effect, enforceability, or interpretation of the remaining provisions of this Waiver and Release.
7. I understand that this event may be cancelled by conditions outside of the control of event organizers for the safety and well-being of event staff, participants and the community; such as severe weather, civil unrest, pandemics, bans on public gatherings, threat of terrorism, or other unforeseen circumstances that would make the event non-viable, and if so, I consent that I am not entitled to a refund or deferral once my race registration is complete.
8. I have carefully read this Waiver and Release and fully understand its contents. If I am under 18 years of age at the time of registration, my parent or legal guardian has completely reviewed this Waiver and Release, understands and consents to its terms, and authorizes my participation by his/her signature below. I am aware that this is a RELEASE OF LIABILITY and a contract between me and the persons and entities mentioned above and I sign of my own free will.