I know that running and/or volunteering in a running event are potentially hazardous activities and I should not enter unless I am medically able and properly prepared and/or trained. I assume all risks associated with running outdoors in local weather, the conditions of the road or running surfaces and traffic on the course. In consideration of my being admitted to participate in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Marathon, for myself, my heirs and assigns, executors, and administrators, do hereby release and discharge Mississippi Gulf Coast Marathon LLC, City of Biloxi, City of Gulfport, City of Pass Christian, City of Long Beach, State of Mississippi, Sponsors, Volunteers, their employees and their agents, of and from any and all claims of demands for damages of liability in any manner arising out of my participation in said event. I agree to follow all rules and to permit myself to be removed from competition if, in the opinion of the race administrators, my competing would endanger my health or the health of others. I certify that I am in good health and that I am prepared to compete in this event. I understand that roads will be open to traffic, including vehicular, pedestrian and cycling.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. Should you be unable to participate due to injury or illness you can defer your entry up to 14 days before the event for a deferral fee of $20-$30. Should you choose to transfer from one race distance to another, you may do so with a transfer fee of $10 plus any difference in race fees if moving to a longer distance race.
Packet Pick-Up Procedures
Participants must present a government issued ID and/or a copy of their registration confirmation to pick up a race packet. Proxy Packet Pick-up (picking up a packet for someone else) process is as follows: a copy of that participants photo ID and/or a copy of their registration confirmation is required to be presented at Packet Pick-up. Digital copies (phone screens) are allowed. There are no exceptions to this rule. Please see FAQ section of the website for additional details and for packet pickup times and locations.”
Permission to Use Photograph
I grant to the Mississippi Gulf Coast Marathon, the right to take photographs of me and my family in connection with the above-identified event. I authorize the Mississippi Gulf Coast Marathon, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that the Mississippi Gulf Coast Marathon may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
I do hereby give MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST MARATHON, its assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable right to use my name, picture, portrait, or photograph in all forms and media and in all manners, including composite, for advertising, for publication or any other lawful purposes, and I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy, which may be created in connection therewith.
For and in consideration of USA Track & Field, Inc. ("USA Track & Field") allowing me, the undersigned, to participate in the USA Track & Field sanctioned event described above (the "Event" or "Events"); I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the "Agreement");
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am at least eighteen (18) years of age (or this Agreement is agreed to by my parent, natural guardian, or legal guardian (the "Guardian")); (ii) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (iii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event, that I am responsible for my own safety and well-being at all times and under all circumstances while at the Event site.
2. I understand and acknowledge that participation in track & field, road running, race walking, cross country, mountain, ultra, and trail running Events is inherently dangerous and represents an extreme test of a person's physical and mental limits. I understand and acknowledge the risks and dangers associated with participation in the Event and sport of track & field and related activities, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; contact with other participants, spectators, animals or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course or track conditions; land, water and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined, not readily foreseeable and presently unknown risks and dangers ("Risks"). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties defined below, and I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in any Event.
3. I agree to be familiar with and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event, including but not limited to the Competition Rules adopted by USA Track & Field and any safety regulations established for the benefit of all participants. I accept sole responsibility for my own conduct and actions while participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of my equipment.
4. I hereby release, waive and covenant not to sue, and further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the following parties: USA Track & Field, Inc., its members, clubs, associations, sport disciplines and divisions; United States Olympic Committee (USOC); the event directors, the host organization and the facility, venue and property owners or operators upon which the Event takes place; and any other organizers, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, coaches and officials for this Event; law enforcement agencies and other public entities providing support for the Event; and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and collectively, the "Released Parties" or "Event Organizers"), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and attorneys' fees) of any kind or nature ("Liability") which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to my participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liabilities which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
5. As a condition of my participation in the Event, I hereby grant USA Track & Field, Inc., the event director and host organization a limited license to use my name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, video, athletic performance, biographical and other information (collectively, "Likeness"), in any media platform or format whatsoever, and to distribute, broadcast and exhibit these without charge, restriction or liability, but only for the purposes of advertising or promoting the Event, USATF, or the sport of Athletics. The foregoing grant, however, does not constitute consent for USATF or any third party to use my Likeness in an endorsement of any product or service without my specific written consent.
I hereby warrant that I (or the Guardian, if I am under the age of 18) am of legal age and competent to enter into this Agreement, that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
If the participant is under the age of 18, the Guardian hereby agrees to release and discharge the Released Parties as follows: a) The Guardian acknowledges and understands that the Event is inherently dangerous and represents an extreme test of a person's physical and mental limits. Further, the Guardian acknowledges and understands the Risks, as defined above. b) The Guardian acknowledges the rights waived by both the Guardian and the participant by accepting this Agreement. c) The Guardian acknowledges that the Guardian will indemnify the Released Parties from any and all Liability which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to the participant's participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties.