CCVI Trolley Run - 32nd Annual - Team JahanSunday, April 26, 2020 in Kansas City, MO at 75th and Wornall Road - Sunday, April 26
Jahan was diagnosed with the rare pediatric glaucoma at the age of 1. Even more rare is that he has it in both eyes. So far in his life, he has had to go through 5 surgical procedures that have been partially successful at saving his sight. So far, glaucoma has left him with tunneled vision and light sensitivity that he has to adapt to. He takes 2 drops twice a day, every day to keep his pressure in his eyes under control so that we can protect what vision he has left. But unfortunately that is not a cure and things like surgery and drops do not always last. Without a cure and without constant attention to his eye pressure, his vision will continue to tunnel in until it is eventually completely and irreversibly gone. But despite that prognosis, he continues to be a vibrant (and sometimes mischievous) 5 year old boy. We celebrate and are grateful for every day he continues to see the world around him.
5th year putting a team in his name (though our family has been participating in the Trolley Run since it's beginning). Nothing can describe the excitement of when he first saw his name on a t-shirt. "I have a team!" he said. Last year we were one of the largest teams proudly people wearing "Team Jahan" on their backs in his support and he’s always so excited to see that "They are all on my team!!".
Join us in not only being a part of his team but supporting the school and the great resources the Children's Center for the Visually Impaired provide. And if you can't join us in the race, please feel free to donate in his name on this page to this great cause!
Contributors on Behalf of Team Jahan
- $100.00 from Mariam Shahbazi - Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Family Team Member
- $100.00 from Brett Loxterman - Make a Donation
- $100.00 from Amanda Hager - Make a Donation
- $20.00 from Jahan Gould - Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Family Team Member
- $20.00 from Roshan Gould - Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Family Team Member
- Brooke Hardy - Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Family Team Member
- Kelley Stevens - Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Family Team Member
- Jill Loxterman - Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Family Team Member
- $30.00 from Jane Ashley Carosello - Make a Donation
- Theron Loxterman - Kids' Trolley Run (ages 10 and under)
Team Jahan has raised $370.00.
Team Jahan has a goal of raising $1,000.00.
If you are the owner of this homepage, please login to make changes. Use the username and password you created or used when you registered for the event associated with this homepage.