CCVI Trolley Run - 31st Annual - Team AvaSaturday, June 1, 2019 in Kansas City, MO at 75th and Wornall Road - Sunday, April 28
Hi, this is Ava! “Team Ava” is back this year for their second year participating in the Trolley Run. Ava is 4 and CCVI has been our second home since she was a few months shy of two years old. Ava was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 14 months old. She lost her vision from radiation damage to her optic nerves when she was 22 months old. This is where CCVI stepped in and has taught Ava (and our family) so much about navigating this world blind. She has a braille teacher, occupational therapist and orientation and mobilty teacher while at CCVI and absolutely loves her teachers and friends she’s made!
More than 85 percent of what a child learns before the age of five is through vision. When you donate to our team, you help Ava and the 182 students that they currently serve. The average cost to educate a child at CCVI is $40,000. We are forever in debt to CCVI for all they’ve done for Ava and us as a family. Thank you for your generous donation to this awesome organization!
Contributors on Behalf of Team Ava
- Ryan Schultz, Cassie Burns - Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Family Team Member
- Brody White, Avery White, Kenzie White - Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Family Team Member
- Quent Blackford, Kari Blackford - Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Family Team Member
- Ann Waldeier - Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Family Team Member
- Davis White, Corah White - Kids' Trolley Run (ages 10 and under)
- Braxten Blackford, Ava Blackford - Kids' Trolley Run (ages 10 and under)
- Lana Mattson, Callie Mattson, Robynn Mattson, Molly Mattson, Melissa Mattson - Children's Center for the Visually Impaired Family Team Member
- Ann Waldeier - Make a Donation
- Sharon Espey - Make a Donation
- Kristine Barclay - Make a Donation
- Doug & Shelli Baldwin - Make a Donation
- Lisa Blackford - Make a Donation
- Jeff Blackford - Make a Donation
- Jill Lawlor - Make a Donation
Team Ava has raised $290.00.
Team Ava has a goal of raising $1,000.00.
If you are the owner of this homepage, please login to make changes. Use the username and password you created or used when you registered for the event associated with this homepage.