IMT Des Moines Marathon 2017 - PD Walkers Team 2017
Parkinson's Disease (PD) is a progressive, degenerative neurological disease and causes many diagnosed to struggle with common activities of daily living, such as eating, talking and walking. Over 1 million Americans and over 10 million people worldwide are diagnosed with PD. There is no cure, but there are treatments that help alleviate the symptoms of PD. A new treatment that has gained momentum in the past 10 years is the prescription of exercise! Intense cardio, bicycling, BIG movements, cognitive, yoga and TaiChi are just a few of the different kinds which have been proven in the medical field to slow the progression of PD and help with current symptoms.
The PD Walkers Team has participated in the IMT Des Moines Marathon since 2008 to bring awareness to Parkinson's and to raise funds for programs to encourage participation in exercise. We want to reach more people across the State of Iowa, can you help?
Go to pdwalkers.org for more information and forward questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributors on Behalf of PD Walkers Team 2017
- Melissa Summers - IMT Des Moines Marathon
- Angie Klobnak - IMT Des Moines Half Marathon
- LaDona Molander - IMT Des Moines Half Marathon
- Bob Miller - IMT Des Moines Half Marathon
- Kerry Loge - IMT Des Moines Half Marathon
- Ryan Molander - Principal 5K Road Race
- Kevin Klobnak - Principal 5K Road Race
- $10.00 from Ryan Molander - Donate to a Fundraising Team
- $10.00 from LaDona Molander - Donate to a Fundraising Team
- $5.00 from Team Linda
PD Walkers Team 2017 has raised $25.00.
PD Walkers Team 2017 has a goal of raising $20,000.00.
If you are the owner of this homepage, please login to make changes. Use the username and password you created or used when you registered for the event associated with this homepage.