Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K - 2023Sunday, December 3, 2023 in Negril, Jamaica
Minimum age for entry is 14 years old.
» $115.00 Registration (through 7/31 at 11:59 PM EDT)
» $125.00 Registration (7/31 at 11:59 PM EDT through 11/30 at 11:59 PM EDT)
» $140.00 Paid on-site in Negril on December 1 - 2, 2023
Half Marathon Registration
Minimum age for entry is 10 years old.
» $85.00 Registration (through 7/31 at 11:59 PM EDT)
» $95.00 registration (7/31 at 11:59 PM EDT through 11/30 at 11:59 PM EDT)
» $110.00 Paid on-site in Negril on December 1 - 2, 2023
Purchase Race Insurance
*Not valid for Virtual Category.*
» $7.00 Purchase (through 10/31 at 11:59 PM EDT)
Refund insurance availability will end on October 31
This option is for those already registered and have decided to add insurance to their registration. New registrants should purchase insurance with registration.
Purchase Race Insurance
Virtual Run (all distances)
Finishers will be rewarded with a Reggae Marathon medal, finisher certificate, T-shirt and bag.
» $60.00 registration - Choose distance on step 2 (through 11/27 at 11:59 PM EDT)
Registration deadline - November 27, 2023
Race Period: November 11 - December 3, 2023
Results Submission Deadline - December 4, 2023
Final Results & Ranking available - December 5, 2023
• You will receive an email at the start of the run period with further information.
• We cannot ship to PO Boxes, please use a street address.
Donate/Contribute to a Fundraising Team
Your Contributions Support The Heart Foundation of Jamaica.
Does not include race registration.
» Contribute any amount on step 2
Become a Fundraiser
» create a fund raising homepage [click here]
* Click here for fee information
|Visit Fundraiser Homepages|
Learn more about a fundraiser participating in this event, click on one of the names below.
Direct Donation To Support The Heart Foundation of Jamaica
(5 contributors, $15.00)
total raised: $15.00
Friday, December 1
Registration & Packet Collection - Couples Swept Away Sports Complex (1:00pm to 5:00pm)
Saturday, December 2
Registration & Packet Collection - Couples Swept Away Sports Complex
o Registration (1:00pm to 4:00pm)
o Packet Collection (1:00pm to 6:00pm)
Sunday, December 3 (RACE DAY)
Half Marathon & 10K start - Long Bay Beach Park (5:15am)
Finish Line Beach Bash - Victory Beach Party & Awards Ceremony - Long Bay Beach Park (7:00am to 10:00 am)
|Celebrating our 23rd year on December 3, 2023|
Jamaica's premier international Marathon event staged annually in the capital of casual, Negril, home to the famed 7 mile white sand beach.
ENTRY FEES ARE NEITHER REFUNDABLE NOR TRANSFERABLE, AND NAME CHANGES ARE NOT ALLOWED.
The minimum age for entry in the Marathon is 18 years old, 14 years old for the Half Marathon, and 10 years old for the 10K.
|Packet Pick Up & Late Registration|
Registration & Packet Collection:
Couples Swept Away Sports Complex
Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril
- FRIDAY DECEMBER 1, 2023 - Couples Swept Away Sports Complex
REGISTRATION & PACKET COLLECTION - 1.00PM - 5.00PM
- SATURDAY DECEMBER 2, 2023 - Couples Swept Away Sports Complex
REGISTRATION - 1.00PM - 4.00PM
PACKET COLLECTION - 1.00PM - 6.00PM
- THERE IS NO RACE MORNING REGISTRATION OR PACKET COLLECTION.
View the course map here.
The Half Marathon & 10K start at Long Bay Beach Park situated along Negril’s famed 7-mile white sand beach. The course loops into the town of Negril then heads north to Bloody Bay and returns to the finish at Long Bay Beach Park. The mostly flat course is an IAAF certified half marathon & 10K course.
• START and FINISH outside Long Bay Beach Park on Norman Manley Boulevard
• Start Time: 5:15am; Course remains open for 4 hours.
• Aid Stations every mile - 13 in all, manned by experienced marathoners and enthusiastic volunteers
• Cooling stations with misters and iced towel wraps
• Inspirational Reggae music at every mile
• Closed lanes for runners
• Certified IAAF and AIMS course meeting international standards
• The event is sanctioned by the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA).
• Medical stations and fully equipped ambulances positioned along the course and staffed by a premier multi-disciplinary medical team.
|2023 Fact Sheet|
The 2023 Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K Fact Sheet is available here.
Virtual Fact Sheet:
The 2023 Virtual Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K Fact Sheet is available here.
The Heart Foundation of Jamaica www.heartfoundationja.org
The temperature should be a low of 24?C / 76?F at the start of the race. With low annual rainfall, rain is not expected.
- In its 23rd year, the Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K has earned the reputation for being a well-organized international event, focused on runner enjoyment. Participants combine an island vacation and a great sporting event for a truly unique experience.
- Maximum 3,000 participants allowed.
- Our website - www.reggaemarathon.com - provides updated race information and should be checked regularly up to race day.
• “It's always a great experience! From the pasta party to the entertainment at the start and the finish of the race. The Reggae Marathon never disappoints.” - Linc S., 2022
• “Although the Reggae Marathon races were virtual in 2020 & 2021 - the Reggae Marathon vibe and spirit of the race remain. Across the world & Jamaica we all ran and walked this virtual race together. Love this race, 2022 will be our 11th straight year!” - Ingrid & Derek Wilson, 2020 - 2021
• “This is what Reggae Marathon is all about - people... A new encounter & positive energy with runners gathered from the world… The charm of Reggae Marathon... The sun… & the beautiful Caribbean” - Mayumi, 2019
• “Did this race 4 years ago... My most favourite half... The atmosphere and people were awesome... am planning to return again this year and have recommended this race to fellow runners... Nothing compares to Reggae Marathon!” - Sandra, 2018
• “Thank you for hosting a brilliant race. It was tough in the heat but all the fantastic music got us around. The supporters and organization was great. Would definitely recommend this race to anyone wishing to run a Caribbean marathon.” - Sue, 2017
• “It was a pleasure for myself and my mate to run in the Reggae Marathon. It was fabulous as always. It was our fifth run. And we are ready for next year. Again, thank you for putting on such a spectacular event!” - Cordell, 2016
• “A great experience... but I will not forget this race. The organisation was perfect... Thank you to all who have made the race possible.” - Gerd, 2015
• “Great race! My wife and I both loved it... Pasta party amazing... Beautiful medal and shirt... Race day was something special...We loved the 5.15am start and running in the dark...we will definitely run again” - Kiernan & Cindy, 2014
• “This was more than just a road race - more like a scene from a 5-star feature film.” - Darryll, 2012
• “If there is a better overall experience at another event in the world, I'm not aware of it!” - Bob Moore, 2011
• “Thank you very much for a superb race. I am definitely coming back to do another Reggae Marathon.” - Christian, 2010
• “Thank you and the race organizers and volunteers for putting on one of the best races on the planet! You got both the thousand little details and the race experience big picture just right!” - Chuck, 2009
• “I've run 18 marathons and this is one of my favorites.” - Meng, 2008
• “I have run over 15 marathons in several different states in the USA. This is truly the best because the amenities, friendly atmosphere and definitely the most awesome pasta party. It is truly the best kept marathon secret.” - Dianne Worrell, 2006
• Readers of UK Men’s Running magazine voted Reggae Marathon - International Race of the Year and a ‘Highly Commended’ event in the Women’s Running International Race of the Year category.
• 2016 Reggae Half Marathon was named among the Best Half Marathons of 2016 as published by the 100 Half Marathons Club of the USA.
• Reggae Marathon event again mentioned as one of the “Top 10 places to run a marathon” - Glancing Askance by Bedford New York writer Mark Wollin, January 2011
Jamdammers Running Club of Kingston; PUMA Running; Jamaica Tourist Board; Couples Resorts Jamaica; JHTA - Negril Chapter; JAAA
|Organizers and Partners|
• The Jamdammers Running Club of Kingston - www.jamdammers.com
• The Jamaica Tourist Board
• The Negril Chapter of the Jamaica Hotel Tourist Association (JHTA)
• The Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA)
• The Negril Chamber of Commerce
• The volunteer communities of Negril and Green Island
• The Ministry of Health & Wellness
• Commemorative finisher medal
• Official Reggae Marathon T-shirt
• Free entry to the Victory Beach & Awards Party
• Over US$10,000 in total prize money
• Finisher certificates
• The Bob Marley and Rita Marley trophies awarded to the male and female winners of the Reggae Half Marathon
• Special prize category for High School Boys & Girls in the 10K
• Special prize category for Teams in the 10K and Half Marathon
• MYLAPS BibTag timing system
• Live online tracking of runners along the course at www.reggaemarathon.com and interim results posted during the race.
• Gun and Chip Time results
For event-related questions, please click on the *Contact the Organizers* button on the left-hand side of this page.
- When this page loaded, the official time was 6:59:35 PM EDT.