Grove City Athletics Club 2021in Grove City, PA
Individual Adult Membership
» $30.00 Registration (through 12/31 at 11:59 PM EDT)
Individual Adult Membership Registration
Individual Child Membership
Ages 17 & under
» $30.00 Registration (through the day of the event)
Individual Child Membership Registration
(Same Mailing Address - i.e., Household)
» $45.00 Registration (through the day of the event)
Family Membership Registration
Donation Only (Tax Deductible)
Membership not included
» Enter Amount on Step 2
Make a Donation (tax deductible)
|GCAC Mission Statement|
The mission of the Grove City Athletics Club (GCAC) is to motivate and facilitate life-long physical activity through inspiring a joy for running/walking, track and field, and other forms of physical activity in the Grove City, PA community and surrounding areas.
Note: The GCAC is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization recognized by the IRS.
- The GCAC is organized to provide a structured group for the purpose of promoting running, walking, track & field, and healthy lifestyles within our community.
- Note: outside of the U.S., the term “Athletics” is a collection of sporting events that involve competitive running, jumping, throwing, and walking.
- Moreover, GCAC hosts group runs/walks, fun runs, training runs and programs in the community, hosts fitness education lectures about topics of interest, provides awards for club members, hosts social events for members, and all such other things as may be conducive to the encouragement of running and physical fitness.
- The GCAC also engages in community activities, to publicize by appropriate means, the benefits of running and track & field as means of physical fitness to improve the health status of people in our community.
|Example Benefits of Joining the GCAC|
- FREE Group Training Runs (any age)
- FREE Group Speed/Track Workouts (any age)
- FREE Elementary Track & Cross Country Running Programs (GCAC members only)
- Club-sponsored Relay Race Opportunities (e.g., Laurel Highlands Relay, Great Allegheny Passage Relay, etc.)
- Club Organized Travel to Training Runs (e.g., car pooling; Moraine State Park, Cook Forest State Park, etc.)
- Club Organized Running Race Trips (e.g., car pooling, hotels, out-of-state HM/Marathons, Pittsburgh Half-marathon, Boston Marathon, etc.)
- Support Youth & Adult Fitness in the Grove City Area
- Support Elementary Running in the Grove City Area
- Support Local Youth Scholarships
- FREE Informal Coaching/Consulting at Training Runs
- Club Updates
- Periodic Running/Fitness/Nutrition/Health Seminars and “Learn by Doing” Clinics by Local Experienced Experts (e.g., Local Coaches, University Professors, Physicians, Exercise Physiologists, Boston Marathon Qualifiers, etc.)
- Athletic Company or Local Club-Only Discounts (e.g., GCAC "family" discount at Slippery Rock University All-Comer's Summer Track Meets, etc.)
- Ability to represent the Grove City Athletics Club at Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) events (e.g., Boston Marathon Team Competition, etc.)
- Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) Membership and accompanying benefits (http://www.rrca.org/membership/member-benefits)
- USA Track & Field (USATF) Club Affiliation (separate USATF individual membership required) and accompanying benefits (http://www.usatf.org)
|Example GCAC Events/Programs|
- Elementary Spring Track Program (GCAC club members only; including optional track meet opportunities @ Slippery Rock University)
- Elementary Summer/Fall Cross Country Program (GCAC club members only; including optional dual-meet and invitational race opportunities)
- Social Gatherings (e.g., Pub Runs, Cookouts, etc.)
- Weekday Evening “Speed/Track" Workouts (any age, kids welcome)
- Saturday Morning Group Runs (any age, strollers welcome)
- Sunday Morning Group Runs (any age, strollers welcome)
- Attending Local or Out-of-State Races/Meets (including youth races/meets, HM, Marathons)
- Club Organized Relay Races (Laurel Highlands Relay, Great Allegheny Passage Relay, etc.)
- Club Organized Out-of-Town Training Runs
- Attending Athlete/Coach Clinics (e.g., SRU “Learn by Doing” Athlete/Coach Track Clinic 2nd Sunday in January, etc.)
- Slippery Rock University “All-Comer” Indoor Track Meets (~1st Sunday in Jan. & 2nd Sunday in Feb.)
- Supporting the Grove City Athletics Club Male & Female Scholarships (for youth planning on participating in college cross country or track & field)
- Supporting Local Elementary Running Program Scholarships
For membership-related questions, please click on the Contact the Organizers button on the left-hand side of this page.