Hit the Bricks 5K Race & Fun Run/WalkSaturday, October 3, 2020 in Zionsville, IN at Zionsville High School
at 8:05 AM
» $25.00 pre-registration
Family Entry Up to 4 Members
» $60.00 pre-registration
Family Entry Up to 4 Members - Registration
|Social Distance Safety Measures|
New for 2020, we will be implementing several Social Distance Guidelines to ensure the safety of all our guests.
1) Capacity Limit - We will have all registration available online thru the GetMeRegistered service. We have placed a limit of 300 participants and no additional participants will be allowed to register after this limit has been reached.
2) Guest Information - Our website will provide detailed information on guidelines for people to stay home if they show any symptoms of the virus. Additionally, an e-mail will be sent to all participants at least 24 hours in advance to state this same requirement. The website and e-mail will also mention all requirements that are expected of participants, namely: Masks are required up to the start time and following the event if participants do not leave the premises immediately, Also, we will have santizer available all locations that people may be near such registration, start line, finish area.
3) Staff & Volunteer Screening - All staff members will be checked with a digital thermometer before they are allowed to start their duties on event day. They will also be required to wear mask and gloves during their shift.
4) Social Distance Measures - We will never allow groups of people to gather – signage will be posted to encourage social distancing and remind people to wear face masks. Staff and volunteers on site will also help monitor social distancing of people. This event is outdoors which allows easy access and egress from all directions.
5) Increased Sanitation - Event staff will be onsite with Clorox wipes to clean all areas that participants may touch. These areas will be re-cleaned as time progress through the morning. Hand sanitizer will be available at many locations for participants.
6) Compliance - We expect to have a minimum of 10 staff members and 10 volunteers available to help monitor all guidelines set forth by the State.
Per the Health Department:
- Stay home if you are sick, or are exhibiting any of the following symptoms; cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain or sore throat.
- Based on currently available information and clinical expertise, older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions (heart disease, chronic lung disease, asthma, etc.) might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, and should not attend the Event.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present.
- COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death
|About The Event|
The Zionsville Optimist Club is proud to announce our 38th annual “Hit-the-Bricks” 5K Run & Walk on Saturday, October 3! We’ve had 37 consecutive years with no rain! This year's event will be limited to 300 participants.
Please join in, as so many do, in this family friendly event and support the Zionsville Optimist Club, well known for their support of local youth.
Est. 1981, the Zionsville Optimist Club is a local chapter of Optimist International (optimist.org). Our motto is “Friend of Youth”. This event is our largest fundraiser of the year that supports these annual programs and others too many to mention.
Annual $1,000 Renewable Four Year Scholarship to a Graduating ZCHS Senior, Sponsorships of Youth Baseball, Basketball, Football and Soccer Teams, TriStar Basketball Skills Contest, Optimist Club Oratorical Contest, 3rd Grade Zionsville History Program at Sullivan Munce, Funding for Textbook, Sports and Musical Instrument Assistance, Cash Contributions as Needs Arise to Partner Organizations Such as- the After Prom Event, Boone County Boys & Girls Club, 4-H, the HAWK Foundation, Morning Dove Therapeutic Riding, So Big Mountain House Maternity Home, Holiday Gifts for Families in Need, the RHI (Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana), and many more.
Register today and See You There!
For more information on the Zionsville Optimist Club Click Here
6:30 AM: Race-day check in
8:05 AM: 5K Race & Fun Run/Walk
|Packet Pick Up and Late Registration|
You may pick up your packet or register late on event morning:
Zionsville High School
from 6:30 to 8:00 AM
Athletes will have the ability to pick up their materials (shirt, bib number) up to 90 minutes in advance in the morning. We will space out tables and set up lines for people to get their materials – marks (cones) will be placed at each registration line to show where each person is to stand – keeping all participants 6 ft from each other as they pick up materials. Table shields (clear covering) will be set up to help separate volunteers from the participants as they pick up.
ENTER THROUGH DOOR 11
Race-day registration for individuals is $30 for the 5K Run/Walk
For families, race-day registration is $60 (up to 4 people).
Wave starts will be conducted every few minutes, allowing only about 75 participants to go off at one time. A designated area of about 30’ X 100’ will accommodate participants at one time, allowing proper social distancing. An announcer with a PA system will announce number assignments for people to come up to the start line corral area then give them a count down for their start. More than likely only TWO or THREE waves are necessary with this event.
The 5K will have you running down Main Street in Zionsville (Brick Road - hence the name "Hit the Bricks"), through neighborhoods and along the Zionsville Bike/Hike Trail.
The course is fairly flat and fast.
To view a course map Click Here
|Awards / Age Groups|
There will be age-group awards for the top finisher in each age group.
Age groups will be in 5-year increments starting at 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24..., and 70+
For event-related questions, please click on the *Contact the Organizers* button on the left-hand side of this page.