What category would you like to sign up for? You can sign up for any of the following categories.
Race Age: According to USA Triathlon rules, athletes will compete in the age group based on their age on 12/31/22.
* Click here for fee information
IN CONSIDERATION of USA Triathlon ("USAT") allowing me to participate in any USAT sanctioned event (the "Event" or "Events") as either a member of USAT or through the issuance of a single event license or permit; I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the "Agreement");
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (ii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event.
2. I understand and acknowledge the physical and mental rigors associated with triathlon, duathlon, or other multi-sport events, and realize that running, bicycling, swimming and other portions of such Events are inherently dangerous and represent an extreme test of a person's physical and mental limits. I understand that participation involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; accidents, contact or collision with other participants, spectators, vehicles or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course conditions; water, road and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined risks and dangers which may not be readily foreseeable or are presently unknown ("Risks"). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the acts, inaction or negligence of the Released Parties defined below, and I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in the Event.
3. I agree to be familiar with and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event, including but not limited to the Competitive Rules adopted by USAT and the Guide to Prohibited Substances and Prohibited Methods of Doping adopted by the United States Anti-Doping Agency. I also accept sole responsibility for my own conduct and actions while participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of my equipment.
4. I hereby Release, Waive and Covenant Not to Sue, and further agree to Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless the following parties: USAT, the Event Owners, Organizers and Promoters, Race Directors, Sponsors, Advertisers, Host Cities, United States Olympic Committee (USOC), Local Organizing Committees, Venues and Property Owners upon which the Event takes place, Law Enforcement Agencies and other Public Entities providing support for the Event, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and Collectively, the "Released Parties" or "Event Organizers"), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys fees) of any kind or nature ("Liability") which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liability which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
I hereby warrant that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of the minor, my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement freely and voluntarily, without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
City of West Des Moines Release of Liability and Assumption of the Risk
IN CONSIDERATION of participating in any way in any of the "Activities" (defined as, but not limited to, competition, physical training, event, sponsored event, etc.) offered, sponsored or allowed by Flatland Cup Tri, I hereby agree to release, discharge and indemnify the City of West Des Moines, Iowa, along with the City's officers, employees, agents, and volunteers, and on behalf of myself, my spouse, personal representatives and estate, as follows:
I ACKNOWLEDGE, AGREE AND REPRESENT that I understand the nature of the Activities offered at Flatland Youth Elite and Junior Elite Cup events, and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in any Activity that I see fit, of my own choosing and voluntarily. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity. I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE ADEQUATE INSURANCE TO COVER ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE I may suffer or cause while participating in any of the Activities offered. I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage to myself. I FURTHER CERTIFY that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have. I CERTIFY MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE FOLLOWING:
(a) THE OFFERED ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH ("RISKS");
(b) These Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" NAMED BELOW OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF THIRD PARTIES; and
(c) There may be other Risks, and social and economic losses, either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time.
I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES that I incur as a result of my participation or that of the minor in the Activity. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the City of West Des Moines, Iowa, its officers, employees, agents, and volunteers, and, if applicable, the owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the "RELEASEES" herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" OR ANY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS, AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite signing this release, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the "RELEASEES", I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE "RELEASEES" from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may incur as the result of such claim.
Additionally, I also give the City of West Des Moines permission to use any picture, video or likeness of me, or a picture, video or likeness of my children, in City marketing materials and on the City website while they are participating in the Activities.
I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AS STATED ABOVE. ADDITIONALLY, I UNDERSTAND AND MY SIGNATURE BELOW EVIDENCES MY CONSENT AND UNDERSTANDING THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS DOCUMENT. MY SIGNATURE BELOW EVIDENCES MY UNDERSTANDING THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE. MY SIGNATURE BELOW CONFIRMS MY INTENT THAT THIS RELEASE OPERATES AS A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
Your electronic signature is the online equivalent of your ink-on-paper signature, and can be provided by typing your name where indicated. The electronic signature will signify your understanding, acceptance, and authorization to accept the conditions of this legal document, including the following statements:
You must be 18 years of age to legally complete this registration. If the registrant is under 18, an authorized adult must complete this form.If the person you are registering (registrant) is under 18, do not enter his/her age. You will do that on the next step. Enter your age here as the person completing the form.
Provide your current age:
Provide your electronic signature by typing your name:
Multiple signers should separate their signatures with commas.
This agreement was generated at 9:31:56 AM EDT on 06/25/2022.
Enter a value unless you want this to work: