LPD's Kid's Catch-A-Cop & 5k Foot Pursuit
WARNING OF RISK, WAIVER, RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS AGREEMENT
Please read this form carefully and be aware in participating that you will be waiving and releasing all claims for injuries you may sustain, arising out participation.
__ Check here if under 19 years old and have parent/guardian sign bottom of form
The Lincoln Police Department Wellness Committee is hosting a 1 mile fun run and a 3 mile run at Mahoney Park. You have requested to participate in the run(s).
Wherefore, a person who participates in the LPD's Kid's Catch-A-Cop & 5k Foot Pursuit may be exposed to dangers, risks, and/or hazards associated with the run(s) which includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Traveling to and from activities;
2. Physical exertion for the duration of the 1 mile or 3 mile run.
3. Uneven terrain, extreme temperatures or conditions;
4. Contact with animals, reptiles, traffic, pedestrians, and/or other participants;
The likelihood of injury may be reduced by participant adhering to safety rules or procedures, which include but are not limited to the following:
1. Stay with the group and/or in designated areas before, during and after the run(s);
2. Adherence to posted and verbal instructions provided by Lincoln Parks & Recreation; the Lincoln Police Department employees and volunteers; and
3. Promptly notify Lincoln Police Department employees or volunteers of any dangerous or potentially dangerous condition, including tasks that the participant feels unable to perform safely for any reason.
The undersign warrants that he or she is in sufficiently good physical condition and health to participate in and complete the LPD's Kid's Catch-A-Cop & 5k Foot Pursuit. Wherefore, the undersigned is responsible for determining if he or she is physically fit to participate in the LPD's Kid's Catch-A-Cop & 5k Foot Pursuit and any terrain in which it occurs. It is always advisable, especially if he or she is disabled in any way, or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before participating in the LPD's Kid's Catch-A-Cop & 5k Foot Pursuit.
Wherefore, participation in the LPD's Kid's Catch-A-Cop & 5k Foot Pursuit is voluntary.
Wherefore, the undersigned:
1. Recognizes and acknowledges that there are certain risks of physical injury and loss connected to or associated with participating in the LPD's Kid's Catch-A-Cop & 5k Foot Pursuit. The undersigned agrees to assume the full risks of any loss or damage to clothing and/or personal equipment; any mental and/or physical injuries, including death; full or partial hearing or sight loss; illness, permanent and/or partial disability; severe social and/or economic loss; attorney's fees; and/or any other damages or loss which may result not only from his or her actions, inactions or negligence, but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, or in the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. The undersigned further assume all the foregoing risks and accepts personal responsibility for all costs associated with the risks or injuries that the undersigned incurred or causes.
2. Hereby waives and releases any and all claims he or she may have against the City of Lincoln, to include but not be limited to its officers, directors, agents, employees, and/or volunteers.
3. Further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless and defend the City of Lincoln, and its officers, directors, agents, employees, and/or volunteers, from any and all claims resulting from any risks or injuries, including death, damages and losses sustained or caused by he or she, or arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the activities of the undersigned.
4. Further releases, waives or discharges and covenants not to sue the City of Lincoln, and its officers, directors, agents, employees, and/or volunteers, for any and all liability to the undersigned, his or her heirs, next of kin, successors, or assignees, of any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of City of Lincoln, and its officers, directors, agents, employees, and/or volunteers.
5. The undersigned waives all rights to notice of risks associated with the LPD's Kid's Catch-A-Cop & 5k Foot Pursuit.
6. Authorizes, but does not require, other participants, City of Lincoln, and its entity's officers, directors, agents, employees, and/or volunteers to provide or obtain emergency or non-emergency medical service on behalf of the undersigned. The undersigned is responsible for all costs incurred as the result of such services.
7. The undersigned that participation is not required as a term of their employment with the City and the undersigned is not entitled to any City benefits including, but not limited to, overtime, retirement benefits, workers' compensation, sick leave, or injury leave.
The undersigned has read and fully understand this Agreement, and personally assumes all risks and loss associated with such risks, whether known or not known by him or her. The undersigned understands by signing this Agreement that he or she is surrendering valuable rights and is doing so freely and voluntarily.