WAIVER, RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
2017 Air Force Marathon
By registering for, and in consideration of the permission granted to me to participate in, the 2017 Air Force Marathon, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, I hereby release and discharge the United States Government, the Department of Defense, the Department of the Air Force, the Air Force Marathon NAF (including its officers, agents, and employees), any other company, organization, or individuals affiliated with the Air Force Marathon (collectively, "AF Marathon Personnel"), and the officers, directors, agents, employees, or anyone acting on behalf of the AF Marathon Personnel, from any and all claims, demands, or actions or personal injury or property damage, or any other damage or loss which may be caused by any act or failure to act, including negligence by AF Marathon Personnel, which may arise out of my participation in the 2017 Air Force Marathon. Further, I specifically agree that I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless AF Marathon Personnel from any and all losses, claims, actions, or proceedings of any kind or character which may be presented or initiated by me, my heirs, or assigns, to recover money, property, or damages or for any injuries to persons or damages to property suffered at, or in association with, the 2017 Air Force Marathon.
By registering for, and participating in, the 2017 Air Force Marathon, I attest and verify that:
1) I am physically and mentally fit and in good health, such that I can participate in the 2017 Air Force Marathon;
2) I understand and acknowledge that participating in the 2017 Air Force Marathon, will expose me to dangers from both known and unanticipated risk, whether existing because of negligence or otherwise, including but not limited to heat, exhaustion, uneven roads, potholes, debris in roadway, lack of close medical care, and motor vehicles;
3) I freely and knowingly assume all risks, hazards, and losses which may befall me in connection with the exercise of this permission to participate in the 2017 Air Force Marathon, and I fully recognize that, if I am injured, die, or suffer any such loss as a result of my use or participation;
4) I specifically waive any and all claims arising out of such risks and dangerous conditions and understand I will have no right to make any claim or file any lawsuit against any of the AF Marathon Personnel listed above, to include the United State Government and its officers, directors, agents, and employees; and
5) I consent to have my personal information and my emergency contact information to be pre-printed on my race bib.
6) I have read and understand all rules and regulations that apply to participants of the 2017 Air Force Marathon.
Our current policy is that registration fees are non-refundable, even in the event of race cancellation. The only exception is for official military deployment (CED Orders). Refunds WILL NOT be given for TDY or PCS orders.