In consideration of the acceptance of as a participant ("Participant") in the 2017 Morgan's Little Miami Triathlon (the "Triathlon"), the undersigned hereby agrees as follows:
1. I represent that I have examined the equipment being rented by me in connection with this event and I acknowledge that I have received it in good seaworthy condition. I hereby agree to return said equipment in the same condition as I received it, ordinary wear and tear excepted. I further agree to pay for any and all damage to or loss of said equipment while it is in my possession.
2. I understand that the Triathlon is an athletic event and I hereby represent that: (i) I am (or Participant, if other than the undersigned, is) physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in said event, and (ii) I do not (or Participant, if other than the undersigned, does not) have any physical or medical conditions that would prevent me (him/her) from safely participating in the event. I hereby agree to accept all risks involved in participating in the Triathlon, and hereby agree to assume and pay any and all medical expenses that may be incurred by me (him/her) in connection with my (his/her) participation in this event, whether resulting from accident, injury, illness or other occurrence, regardless of whether such medical expenses were authorized by me at the time they were incurred.
3. I have been advised and understand that participants in this year's Triathlon will be sharing the road portion of the race with participants of another unrelated bike race, and that there may be an increased risk of injury due to the additional bike traffic on the road. I hereby agree to exercise extra caution and to abide by all instructions/directions provided to me as a result of these conditions.
4. I understand that my entry fee is non-refundable for any reason.
5. I hereby release and waive, individually and on behalf of my heirs, executors, and administrators (and in the case of minor Participants, I release and waive on behalf of the above-named Participant and his/her heirs, executors, and administrators), any and all claims, demands, and causes of action against Morgan's Canoe and Outdoor Centers, Inc., Morgan Eco Events LLC, Gary Morgan, Don Connolly Inc., all Triathlon sponsors, and their respective agents, representatives, shareholders, officers, directors, employees, and volunteers (all of the foregoing are collectively referred to as the "Releasees"), for any and all injuries sustained by me (or the Participant, if other than the undersigned) or any other person and/or for damage to or loss of property, whether belonging to me or any other person, of whatsoever type or nature, and for any reason whatsoever, resulting from, or arising out of, or in any way connected with my (or the Participant's if other than the undersigned) association with, participation in, or arising out of traveling to or from the Triathlon. I further agree to indemnify and hold each of the Releasees harmless from and against any and all damages, costs, and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorney's fees) incurred by any of said parties in connection with or by reason of the assertion of any claim made by or on behalf of any person (including the undersigned) as a result of or in connection with my (or Participant's, if other than the undersigned) participation in the Triathlon.
6. I acknowledge and understand that Ward-Koebel Road has a new asphalt surface and that I need to be careful and cautious on this road because of the texture of the surface and because of some loose gravel.
BY MY SIGNATURE BELOW, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY AGREE, TO ACCEPT ALL OF THE CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE. I FURTHER AGREE THAT I HAVE RECEIVED A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL RACE FLYER AND THAT I HAVE READ AND WILL ABIDE BY ALL OF THE RULES, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES CONTAINED THEREIN.
Signature of Participant (or Parent/Guardian for Participants under 18 years of age):
I hereby certify that I have the authority to execute this Waiver and Release for the above-named Participant.