Beyond the Baseline - Summer Splash Tournaments
Saturday, June 17, 2017 - Friday, July 7, 2017 in Davenport, IA at Beyond The Baseline
* Click here for fee information
11th Annual Summer Splash Tournaments
3rd - 12th Grade Boys & Girls
Age based on 2017/18 school year
Sat-Sun June 17th-18th, 2017 and/or Fri-Sun July 7th-9th
ENTRY DEADLINE: 1 week prior to event date
* Saturday - Sunday June 17th -18th, 2017 - 5 Game guarantee - $225
* Friday - Sunday July 7 - 9, 2017 - 5 Game guarantee - $225
* Initial tournament schedule will be posted on the website 4 days prior to event.
* Final schedule will be posted 2 days prior to event.
* Each team to provide one scorekeeper/clock operator.
- 3 point shots allowed on all courts where 3 point line exists. Beyond The Baseline has 3 point lines on all courts.
- All technical fouls will result in 2 points awarded, 2 free throws, and ball out of bounds. All intentional fouls will result in 2 free throws and ball.
- Overtime Rules: Pool play - 1 minute for first 2 overtimes. Clock stops for each dead ball. 3rd overtime sudden death - first point wins.
Bracket Play - 1 minute overtimes. Clock stops for each dead ball.
Championship Game - 2 minute overtimes. Clock stops for each dead ball.
- All other rules will be sent with game schedules.
- All rules are subject to change.
- Teams must check in prior to first game at the tournament desk for any rules or game time changes.
- Teams must be ready to play 30 minutes before each scheduled game.
- Check tournament schedule throughout event for any unforeseen changes.
- A team is not officially in the tournament until the entry fee is paid.
- Teams must submit a signed waiver and consent form prior to first game
- Each team is responsible for one clock operator/scorekeeper for each game.
- 3 free entry passes allowed for each staff, 2 for coaches and 1 for clock operator/score keeper. Daily sign-in required.
- Pool Play tie breaker rules: 1. head to head 2. defensive points allowed 3. offensive points scored 4. free throws or coin flip
- A player can play on only one team per age group per program. A player may play on two different aged teams within a program but cannot switch while two program games are being played at the same time.
- Sportsmanship is a requirement. Beyond The Baseline has a zero tolerance policy. The officials have full authority to call technical fouls. Coaches must remain off the playing floor during the game unless addressing their team during time-outs. Two technical fouls by a coach, player, or fan within a game will result in the immediate removal from the game and a one game suspension for that tournament. A 3rd technical foul during a tournament will result in a removal from the tournament. No refunds will be given to a team that forfeits any games or has a coach or fan that is kicked out of a game or tournament. Let's teach our kids respect. No player is allowed to talk negatively to an official during or between games. A technical foul will result. If it happens between games it will be played out at the beginning of the following game.
- We want professionalism on all sides. Referees are instructed not to talk negatively to a coach, fan or player.
- We want the best referees available. A complaint can be given to the Tournament Director only for a referee that does not hustle or pay attention to the game. Complaints for particular calls made during the game will not be warranted. Coaches should not address referees with complaints after a game. Go to the Tournament Director.
- If a team does not show up for game time they will forfeit. The winning team will assume a 15 point win. The forfeiting team will receive a 15 point loss. A team may start with 4 players.
- Refunds will only be given to teams that pull out 7 days prior to the beginning of the event. A 50% refund will be given within the 7 day period if a replacement team is found.
- If an entire tournament is cancelled due to weather or any other unforeseen occurrence, entry fees will be returned minus an administration fee. You may apply your entire entry fee to another event at Beyond The Baseline if cancelled.
- No gum allowed in gym
- Doors to gym will open 30 minutes prior to the first game of the day.
- Teams are not allowed in tumbling area.
- No child should be left at the facility without proper supervision
- No outside food or drink is allowed in facility. Rays Café and Lounge is a full concession area.
- No shooting on courts during time-outs. No shooting on courts during half-time except teams playing.
Please have your kids clean debris/empty bottles from around bench/chairs after each of your games
Rules subject to change
- Initial tournament schedule will be posted on website 4 days prior to event. Final Schedule will be posted 2 days prior to event.
- Check the schedule before first game and throughout tournament for any unforeseen changes.